Skip to Content
Call Us Today! 813-862-1029

Tampa Personal Injury Blogs from April, 2015

Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Tampa - How to Report Problems in a Florida Nursing Home


Relatives of individuals residing in a long term care facility can often face unanswered questions or concerns regarding the care and treatment provided in the facility. When the facility staff fails to appropriately or adequately respond to their concerns, family members feel they have no further recourse. Our Tampa Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers can assist you and direct you to the appropriate governmental agency that will assist you and answer your concerns.

In Florida, long term care facilities such as nursing homes and assisted living facilities ae governed by the Agency for Health Care Adminsitration, or commonly referred to as "AHCA". AHCA allows individuals to file formal complaints against long term care facilities and can conduct investigations into the complaints. The Department of Elder Affairs is another agency that provides benefits and guidance to individuals residing in a nursing home. Another agency is the Long-Term Care Ambudsman Program which offers benefits and assistance to residents and their family members who are experiencing problems within a nursing home.

Our attorneys handle nursing home abuse and neglect case throughout Florida, including Broward County, Dade County, Hernando County, Hillsborough County, Pasco County, Pinellas County, Polkk County, Manatee County, Orange County and Sarasota County. If you have any questions regarding the appropriate agency to contact for assistance regarding an assisted living facility or nursing home, please contact us, your Tampa Personal Injury Lawyers.

Share To: