It is that festive time of the year when numerous families head to the airports and roadways to spend the holidays with loved ones. Estimates for roadway travel this year appear to be just as busy as last year. It is estimated that some 44 million travelers nationwide will take to the roadways over the Thanksgiving weekend. In Florida, it is estimated that 2.2 million individuals will travel at least 50 miles or greater to reach their Thanksgiving destination. Gasoline prices appear to be nearly identical to last year which should not prohibit roadway travel. Our Tampa Car Accident Attorneys have litigated numerous personal injury cases that have occurred during a holiday weekend.
We encourage you to implement these tips to stay alert when driving long distances:
- Share the driving responsibilities with a loved one or friend
- Take regular breaks to walk around and stretch during your trip
- Get plenty of rest the prior to starting the trip
- Listen to your favorite music or radio station
- Keep your vehicle temperature cool, people often become sleepy when it is warm
- Drink refreshments such as caffeine enriched drinks but remember caffeine will only supply a short burst of energy and its effects wear off rather quickly
- Stop driving and rest at the first sign of fatigue or sleepiness.
Mandelbaum Trichler Law Center, Tampa Automobile Accident Attorneys, continue to dedicate a significant portion of their practice to representing motorists who have been injured and/or killed in motor vehicle and motorcycle accidents. Our attorneys litigate cases throughout Florida including Hernando, Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Manatee, Orange and Sarasota County. If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile accident, please contact us, your Tampa Personal Injury Attorneys.