In recent years, the number of bicyclists killed in the greater Tampa Bay area was nearly triple the national average. Often times, the accident could have been prevented by following basic bicycle safety rules. Our Tampa Bicycle Injury and Accident Lawyers represent individuals who have been injured while riding their bicycle. We have additionally represented individuals that have been harmed as the result of other bicyclists.
In an effort to reduce your chance of being injured or harmed while riding your bicycle, please try to remember these basic, recommended safety tips:
- Cross the roadway at marked crosswalks or intersections.
- Cross the street by following the traffic signals.
- Look in all directions prior to crossing the street to ensure it is safe to do so.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Ride with the same direction of travel as the traffic.
- When riding at night, ensure your bicycle is equipped with a proper light and wear reflective clothing.
It is also highly recommended to read and understand the Florida bicycle regulations prior to allowing minor children to ride on or near the roadways. Our attorneys handle bicycle injury cases throughout Florida, including Hernando, Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Manatee, Orange, Polk and Sarasota County. If you or a loved one have been injured while riding a bicycle, please contact us, your Tampa Personal Injury Lawyers.