National and Florida statistics regarding elderly care and nursing home abuse are rather troublesome. Some estimates indicate that nearly one (1) out of three (3) nursing homes with encounter some form of nursing home abuse and/or neglect. OurTampa Nursing Home Attorneys litigate cases involving abuse and neglect sustained in skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities and are familiar with the Florida laws that govern such facilities within our state. We remain dedicated to representing individuals and families who have had a loved one sustain injuries as a result of abuse or neglect while a resident in nursing homes.
With such alarming statistics regarding nursing home abuse and neglect, it is extremely important for family members and friends to take certain steps to prevent, or at least limit, abuse or neglect of their loved one residing in a nursing home or assisted living facility. Here are a few important steps to take while having a loved one residing in a nursing home:
- Make unannounced and frequent visits
- Inspect your loved one for bruises, open wounds, cuts, redness and sores
- Look for sudden or unexplained weight loss or weight gain
- Observe uncommon odors such as urine or feces
- Observe for signs of poor hygiene or loss of hair
- Get to know your loved one's caregivers
- Ask questions about your loved one's care and treatment
- Ask to review or read the medical chart
Our attorneys have litigated numerous nursing home abuse cases throughout the State of Florida, including Hernando County, Hillsborough County, Pasco County, Pinellas County, Manatee County, Polk County, Orange County and Sarasota County. Should you have any questions regarding Florida nursing home abuse and/or Florida residents' rights, please contact us, your
Tampa Personal Injury Attorneys.